It is only fitting that after writing a post about ‘public praise‘ that I should receive two award nominations in one week. Oh, the irony. Thank you Valerie R Lawson for the Sunshine Award nomination and thank you MommyNot Friend for the Versatile Blogger Award nomination. I will say that it is really cool to have my blog noticed. There are many reasons that I blog, and one of those is to have other people read my words, think about them, and create dialogue. I thank both of you for being a part of my blog by commenting, and now by recognizing it in this way.
For the Versatile Blogger Award, the rules are:
Thank the person who gave you this award.
Thank you Mommy Not Friend for the award.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly that are excellent.
Free The Mom, Wooden Fire-Escapes, Talinorfali, The Surfing Pizza, Bucket List Publications, Puns Probably Intended, Paralaxvu, Broadside, An Ordinary Dad, Vicky The Northern Chicky, Sarah On The Go, knowthesphere,Everyone Has a Story, Suzy Platt. The Lady Lark
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Laura Stanfill used these questions that she got from, ah, you get it, I didn’t come up with them.
- What is your favorite color? Green.
- What is your favorite animal? Frogs.
- What is your favorite number? 3 and 8. Sorry, 3 is clever and 8 is honest, I had to include them both.
- What is your favorite drink? Oolong tea.
- Which do you prefer, Facebook or Twitter? Facebook.
- What is your passion? Writing/Music.
- Do you prefer giving or receiving presents? Giving.
- What is your favorite pattern? Argyle.
- What is your favorite day of the week? Thursday.
- What is your favorite flower? Brown Eyed Susan.