It is only fitting that after writing a post about ‘public praise‘ that I should receive two award nominations in one week. Oh, the irony. Thank you Valerie R Lawson for the Sunshine Award nomination and thank you MommyNot Friend for the Versatile Blogger Award nomination. I will say that it is really cool to have my blog noticed. There are many reasons that I blog, and one of those is to have other people read my words, think about them, and create dialogue. I thank both of you for being a part of my blog by commenting, and now by recognizing it in this way.
Here are the rules for the Sunshine Award:
Include the award logo in the post.
Link back and thank those that nominated me.
Answer 10 random questions about myself and/or tell seven random facts.
Nominate 10 other bloggers and link them to the award in their comments section.
The person who nominated Valerie, Laura Stanfill, provided some questions of her own for Valerie to answer, and I am going to take those questions too.
Here are Laura’s questions:
- What’s one of your favorite books from childhood? S.E. Hinton’s “The Outsiders”
- What are you reading right now? Sloooowly reading “Kraken” by China Mieville
- What’s a go-to meal you make on busy weeknights? Burritos for adults and Quesadillas for kids.
- Favorite thing to do in your free time? Free time, free time, free time…I’m gong to say that that is time away from our kids. I enjoy playing frisbee golf, listening to music, running, writing, and collecting “things”.
- Favorite season? Fall. I love the first day that pants are needed and sweatshirts can be zipped up. I met and married R. in the fall. I also enjoy football season.
- Favorite magazine? SPIN and The Week.
- Favorite author? Albert Camus. “The Stranger” is my all time favorite book.
- Favorite teacher (and why)? Dr. Smethels. He taught Astronomy. I sat next to a good friend of mine in his class and he would “blow our mind” daily. He also took his V neck sweater off at the same point in the lecture every class. He was a bit odd, but engaging and interesting.
- AP Style, Chicago Style, neither, or a mix of both? Read my blog – you’ll see that I prefer IW style.
- Do you prefer reading short stories or novels? Good question. With two young kids short stories are preferred, but there are few things like finishing a novel.